Why Leaders in Training?
Does your teen love their time with us out on the land? Do they need a diverse set of work-related experiences for their resume with sincere references? Do they love the idea of working outdoors, helping other young people like themselves have the same kinds of magical experiences they've had? Now they can apply to volunteer with us under our new Leaders in Training program!
Why My Teen?
If you are receiving this page, it is because we think your teen would be a great fit for our Leaders in Training program! There's a few criteria we look at when selecting potential candidates for this specialized experience:
- We've likely known your child for more than 2 years and have seen them develop into capable, curious and kind young men and women, or we've known your child for less than 2 years and are certain they would make a great fit;
- Your teen has shown a keen interest in the skills we learn and the community we create together; and,
- Your teen has likely shown a passion for continuous improvement in the face of new challenges.
What Experiences Will They Receive?
Through our Leaders in Training program, your teen will receive experiences and support in:
- Creating a resume and cover letter with positive feedback on what they did well and how to improve;
- Attending an interview in a safe and supportive environment, helping your teen get practice in expressing themselves and putting their best foot forward;
- In-class and on-the-ground training and team-building opportunities dispersed between April and June;
- One or more weeks of Summer Camps support and leadership experiences with guided personalized skills development that can change and grow with your teen from year to year;
- A formal reference letter on Nature Connection's letterhead with descriptions of skills developed;
- A Certificate of Completion of the Leaders in Training Program; and,
- A summer camps experience they'll never forget!